Frequently Asked Questions - Stone Tables
- Q: What is the thickness of the table table top?
A: 2 inches. The 2 inches are from side to side (across).
- Q: How is the table finished at the bottom?
A: With a smooth flat fiberglass surface.
- Q: Are the table tops, bases and grout lines sealed?
A: Yes, they are sealed with a deep penetrating sealer and enhancer.
- Q: How often should I re-seal my table top?
A: We recommend sealing it once every year with a regular natural stone sealer available at any local hardware store. Simply follow the instructions on the bottle.
- Q: How should I clean my top daily?
A: With water and mild dish soap. NO ammonia, Windex, or other type of chemical. Remember you are just cleaning the protective film left by the sealer.
- Q: How should I protect my table top during extreme cold winters?
A: Although our tables are made with a virtually indestructible core and have been tested in both of extreme temperatures, we do suggest covering it or bringing into the garage, shed or any other safe place.
- Q: I have another table base from some other manufacturer; can your tops be set on any base?
A: Yes, with every single top we sell, we provide a universal attaching hardware kit which consists of four 3” x 3” aluminum plates with a special adhesive tape that are to be positioned according to the base attaching structure. Instructions and special self-tapping screws are included. The only tools required to use with this kit are: a power drill, a marker, and a ruler.
- Q: How are your tables shipped?
A: Our tables are carefully packed in a wooden frame an attached to a wooden pallet. When ordering a base, both pieces are shipped on the same pallet. Our tables are shipped by truck freight.
- Q: Would the freight company bring it inside my house?
A: Standard freight or a “Free Shipping Special” will only deliver your order up to your driveway or garage. Unless, you pay an additional charge and has been previously arrange with our Customer Service Department, you can have your table top brought inside your house or even assembled.
- Q: Would I be notified prior to delivery?
A: Once your order ships from our facility you will be notified by e-mail and all tracking information will be provided. Once the order arrives to your city’s terminal, you will contacted by phone by someone from the freight company to schedule a delivery date. With the tracking information provided by our Customer Service Department you can also contact the freight company ahead of time to schedule delivery.
- Q: What about if I don’t like the table?
A: You have a 5 day money back guarantee that allows you to test the product. If you are not completely satisfied for any reason during that time period, you can return your order to us for a full refund minus the shipping charges. Product must be returned in its original package. Our customer service department will arrange to ship back the order. After the item has been received back at our warehouse, we will issue a refund.
- Q: Would you be able to build a special size table?
A: Yes, we can build any size or shape table. Price will be determined according to the size or shape.
- Q: Can I change stone colors on a table?
A: Yes. An extra fee may apply.
- Q: What are the warranties on your products?
A: 3 year warranty against manufacturing defects (tiles falling off, cracks, and other manufacturing related issues). Our core (structure in which the tiles are set on) has a life-time warranty against bending or cracking.